Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday Beach Day

Tuesday May 17th.  Today looked like a good day to go to the beach so after work we packed up some cameras and went.  On the way, we got side tracked and spent some time playing on the cliffs and shooting some film at a beach park.



The sun is finally out and the water is turning turquoise.  When we finally did make it to the beach, we saw a sea turtle playing in the waves.  


This turtle is missing it's right front flipper.  Naturally, I needed to know more about this.  After an extensive search I've determined that this sea turtle lost it's flipper when it became entangled in fishing line.  We named him Devo.  There are at least three other sea turtles who are missing fins that swim in the waters off of Oahu and one of whom was attacked by a shark.  

We have some friends that are in town for a wedding.  Tonight we went to spend time with them.  After getting a quick bite to eat we walked down to a bar but they wouldn't let me in.  I had a valid drivers license and two student id's with photos.  Two separate people scrutinized my id for about 10 minutes and had me sign my name on a piece of paper but ultimately denied my entrance.  I am more than old enough to go into a bar and I feel like the guy at this bar was just trying to prove a point.  I remained courteous, but he upset me.  I just wanted to spend some time with old friends that I haven't had the chance to see in years.  Dear power hungry man at Moose Mcgillicutty's, you put a bad spin on an otherwise great day.  I hope that you spend too much time in the sun, get lots of wrinkles and look like you are in your late sixties by the time you turn thirty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr