Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Cut And A Shave

Tuesday May 3rd to Sunday May 8th.  It has been a stormy week.

Lightning as viewed from our front door

It all started on Monday with a drizzle and then an impressive light show.  The rain continued through the week.  At first, we tried to pretend it didn't exist by getting shave ice on a Tuesday.  

Mango, green watermelon with cherry and raspberry, peach with watermelon

Eating shave ice wasn't making the rain stop so we decided to enjoy it instead.  On Friday we bundled up in sweaters and shoes to go out for pho.  Bing Crosby sang favorite Christmas songs from the car speakers in the blistery 70 degree weather and we turned on the air conditioner just to make it that much more authentic.  The weather was perfect for studying for finals, but not so much for the beach.  Once again we didn't make it to the North Shore.  We stayed in town, had shave ice and ran some errands.  

Orange, peach with cherry and watermelon, peach with pineapple

Cameras

When we got home I decided I had to have bangs again.  I couldn't wait, it had to be right then.  I watched a few videos online and remembered the advice that Amy gave me before I left; cut vertically, never horizontally.  

Maybe a bad idea...

Once I got my bangs separated out and brushed forward I realized that there was no way I would be able to see well enough to cut them myself.  I did my best to convince Joe to do it for me and in my desperation to convince him to wield the scissors I found myself saying "if you can drum then you can cut bangs."  Apparently the two equate in my mind.  I ended up bargaining a haircut for the promise of letting him take some pictures of the event.  My bangs turned out even, straight and the perfect length.  

Part of the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr