Sunday, June 12, 2011

Not Fair

Friday June 10th - Sunday June 12th.  I was looking forward to going to the state fair all week but was a little bit disappointed when we actually got there.  We were hoping to make another stop motion movie.  I realize that I live on an island which makes transportation of large exhibits difficult, but this was a state fair, so I expected it to be decent.  Not so much.  The food was sub-par, the size small, and it rained while we were on the farris wheel.  There was however, a makeshift circus and ostrich races; the highlights of the fair.  I've often wondered about the sort of people who are in circuses and what a strange life it would be.

50th State Fair

On Saturday we went to China Town.  It's a picturesque area in downtown Honolulu that has a whole lot of bars, restaurants and lei shops.  We had lunch at the Downbeat Diner and I think that Joe may have joined a band as a trumpet player.  I'm still not clear on that.  

China Town

Fruit Stand

Today we didn't go to the North Shore or to the beach, partly because it's been rainy and partly because we really need to know who killed Laura Palmer.  We were able to get out and have some shave ice.  

Peach, watermelon with pineapple and strawberry, lemon with peach

From two directions at the same time



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr