Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lets Talk About Kissing

Sunday March 11th. Grocery shopping has become a social event around here. I feel like I run into someone I know most places that I go around town but this is even more so true at the market. I don't even know very many people.  On Sunday I didn't actually buy any groceries because Cody and Erica were outside eating pizza. Given the choice between buying food to nourish my body or spending time with these two I would choose them every time (something not to be taken lightly because I really do enjoy shopping for food). Still with me?  Here comes the kissing controversy. How do you feel about kissing non-significant others on the lips? I think its super sweet when parents kiss their kids on the lips and that lip kissing can be a perfectly acceptable greeting, but where do you draw the line? Erica is not a lip kisser. I suspect that she isn't even much of a hugger. Cody seemed supportive of lip kissing but he is for sure a hugger. This conversation escalated and led to explatives (the likes of which I will not repeat here) which drew in Carol; a delightful older woman with tight skin and a well maintained bob. Carol thinks lip kissing is sharing the aloha and we promptly kissed on the lips. We did not exchange numbers after and as of yet I haven't contracted any sort of lip fungus. So, is it okay to greet a friend with a kiss? A family member? A complete stranger? At what point are you becoming creepy? Cheating? Perhaps my kissing days are over, but I really do want to know what you think.

Raspberry, watermelon with peach and mango, cherry with mojito and li hing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr