Monday, January 24, 2011

North Shore When Is There Going To Be Sun Day

Sunday January 23rd.  North Shore Sunday number three.  On the way out to Hale'iwa we stopped at a used furniture store and picked up a desk.  It needs a little bit of work, but soon it will be perfect, and right now, it's our only piece of furniture.  This week, we went back to Matsumoto's for Shave Ice and both decided to try a new flavor.  Raspberry is for sure my favorite flavor for shave ice.  Melon will not happen again and I'm not real sure about lilikoi either.  At least it isn't slimy like the fruit.  The green apple tasted like a jolly rancher and was a bit intense.

Raspberry, Melon, Lilikoi and Green Apple Lilikoi

1/23/11

We went to the farmers market.  Hawaii's answer to Viva Pops is the Ono Pop.  I would venture to say that Ono copied Viva, but who knows, maybe they both got the idea from someone else.  I haven't had one yet as I do believe that a popsicle and a shave ice is a little bit excessive within the same hour, but next week is chocolate appreciation week at the farmers market so I'm very excited to have my first Ono Pop.  Joe had strawberry goat cheese this week and was very happy with his choice, still ranting about it hours later.  
The new apartment

Some pictures of the new apartment, one illustrating why I can never go back to bed once I've gotten up in the morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr