Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Beach...Finally

Sunday November 13th.  It had been way too long since we had gone to the beach.  In an effort to avoid APEC and all of its madness, we headed over to Kailua and spent some time on the sand.  Okay, so I get that in most of the other 49 states its actually cold, the snow and ice kind, but here on Sunday it was Hawaii cold, like 75 degrees cold, driving with the heater on cold.  I had to put on socks and a sweatshirt.  I don't know how I'll be able to deal with real cold when I'm in it again.  After the beach we had to go to Mountain Magic Shave Ice, which was quite a trek.  Thomas and Annie told us about it because they have horchata shave ice there.  While the actual ice was fantastic, the flavors were awful and neither of us ate more than a third of our shave ices.

Kailua Beach Park

Cherry with horchata and li hing powder

Cantaloupe and peach with raspberry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr