Friday, July 22, 2011

Catch Up

Wednesday July 13th - Thursday July 21st.  I'm missed my usual Sunday post.  I was going to write about how I'm going to take better care of my skin because I got a ridiculous sunburn, but at the last minute I was asked to go to LA for work.  I'll write about the sun out here and skin some other time.

Peach, mango with cherry and raspberry, watermelon and peach with li hing powder

I'm pretty well decided that blue raspberry, red watermelon and peach make the best shave ice, however, I don't want to be stale.  I decided to try li hing powder on top.  Li hing is a dried plum powder.  It's sweet, salty and sour.  It's good, but better in small amounts.  Note that my shave ice, the blue one in the back, is the one with the powder but is being held by Joe, he stole it and loved it because it tastes like mexican candy.  We also tasted sweet crack seed shave ice.  It pretty much has the flavor of a black jelly bean.  

Peach, watermelon with mango

Raspberry, strawberry and peach with li hing powder

This is what the li hing looks like up close

We spent Sunday at From Here To Eternity Beach


Mexican food

Coco

Super early on Tuesday I left for LA, spending the whole day traveling or at work.  I got to my hotel at about midnight and watched Korean television until my breakfast/lunch/dinner delivery of thai food came.  After work on Wednesday a work friend, Geoff, took me to get real mexican food and I got to see Michael, Jessica and Coco.  After working for a few hours on Thursday I (barley made my flight) flew home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr