Monday, April 4, 2011

Never Made It To The North Shore

Tuesday March 29th - Sunday April 3rd.  I haven't written anything this week because I thought that nothing happened, but then I looked through the memory card on my camera and it seems like plenty did happen.  On Tuesday I went hiking...

...in the rain...

...with this kid

It was sunny when we started hiking, but as soon as we got to the waterfall the weather changed.  This is a very muddy and slippery trail when its wet, but we made it without incident.  The rain makes everything look so clean.  

Through my bedroom window

Cinnamon rolls

On Saturday I made cinnamon rolls, but I left them proof a little bit too long and they got huge.  No problem though, I just had to punch them down a little bit and then they were fine.  On Sunday Joe had to write a paper before we went to the beach so I tried my best to keep myself busy.  I cleaned the apartment, ate cinnamon rolls and watched a movie.  By the time afternoon came around it was clear that we weren't going to be making it to the beach, so, we jumped.

because we have a lot of energy

because we needed to fluff the feather bed

because one of us takes this very seriously

because the people who live below us didn't complain

because we ate too many cinnamon rolls

because we don't have a real bed yet

and because we have great white walls

But jumping takes a lot out of you

All of that jumping made us hot and because we weren't going to make it to the North Shore we went over to Shimazu Store for some frozen treats.    

Cherry, watermelon and mojito, raspberry, watermelon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Tumblr